Full-Time Student Loans and Grants
- Applying for Student Loans and Grants
- MyAlberta Digital ID
- Application Deadline
- Application Details
- After Applying
- Confirmation of Registration (COR)
- Service Providers
- Student Aid Agreements/Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs)
- Application Changes
- Request for Reconsideration (RFR)
- Switching Educational Institutions
- Changes to End Dates
- Amended Registration
- Withdrawal Policy for Students Attending Alberta Private Career Colleges (licensed under the Private Vocational Training Act)
- After Registration is Amended (All Institutions)
- Request for Emergency Processing
- Tax Forms
- Releasing Personal Information and Authorizing Others to Act on Your Behalf
- Submitting Forms
Request for Reconsideration (RFR)
A student must notify Alberta Student Aid if there is a change to any of the student’s application information. Changes must be reported even if the student does not believe eligibility will be impacted. This information may be provided by submitting a Request for Reconsideration (RFR).
A Request for Reconsideration may also be submitted when a student is requesting additional funding.
A Request for Reconsideration must be received by Alberta Student Aid at least 30 calendar days prior to the period of study end date indicated on the student’s current application.
In most cases, when a RFR is received a new eligibility calculation is done on the student’s application.
Students may cancel a Request for Reconsideration at any time prior to the completion of a review of the request. However, Alberta Student Aid may reassess the student’s application based on the information received as part of the request.