Full-Time Student Loans and Grants
- Applying for Student Loans and Grants
- Alberta.ca Account
- Application Deadline
- Application Details
- After Applying
- Confirmation of Registration (COR)
- Service Providers
- Student Aid Agreements/Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs)
- Application Changes
- Request for Reconsideration (RFR)
- Switching Educational Institutions
- Changes to End Dates
- Amended Registration
- Withdrawal Policy for Students Attending Alberta Private Career Colleges (licensed under the Private Vocational Training Act)
- After Registration is Amended (All Institutions)
- Request for Emergency Processing
- Tax Forms
- Releasing Personal Information and Authorizing Others to Act on Your Behalf
- Submitting Forms
T4As are issued for the year in which the grant amount was paid – not for the year in which the grant was scheduled to be disbursed. T4As only include the amount of grant funding issued in the calendar year.
Tax forms are not issued if the total amount of grant funding issued is $500 or less.
Tax forms are not issued for student loan disbursements. See Repayment Chapter – Tax Credit on Interest Paid section for information about tax credits for loans in repayment.
The National Student Loans Service Centre will issue T4As for federal grants, and the Alberta Student Aid Service Centre will issue T4As for provincial grants.
Students with questions about taxation should contact the Canada Revenue Agency.