On this page:
- Alberta Student Aid Service Centre
- Supports for Students Affected by Natural Disasters
- Option 1: Information on Applying for and Receiving Student Aid
- Option 2: Assistance with Login to Your Alberta Student Aid Account
- Option 3: Assistance with Login to MyLoan or Loan Repayment
- Option 4: To be Used by School Officials Only
- Hours of Operation & Phone Number
- National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC)
- Alberta Apprenticeship & Industry Training (AIT)
- Privacy and Security
- Providing Parent/Guardian Access to Your Information
Alberta Student Aid Service Centre
The Service Centre can answer your questions about Alberta Student Aid programs. When you call, you will be asked to choose an option to direct your inquiry. To ensure your call is handled correctly, review the topics covered by each option.
Supports for Students Affected by Natural Disasters
Are you affected by a current flooding, wildfire situation? Do you need help with your student loan payments?
- If you have Canada loans, or Canada and Alberta loans, contact the National Student Loans Service Centre to fast-track your application for the Repayment Assistance Plan.
- For Alberta student loans, call 1-855-606-2096
Currently in School
If your studies have been disrupted as a result of a natural disaster, and you have:
- extended your study period,
- withdrawn from studies, or
- your financial circumstances have changed.
Notify the Alberta Student Aid Service Centre, or login to your Student Aid Account and submit a Request for Reconsideration. Upon request, eligible students may receive the following Alberta student loan funding to help cover unexpected costs relating to a natural disaster situation:
- Up to $8,500 for the 2023-24 and 2022-23 loan years
Supporting documentation may be required to verify the costs.
For more information, see: Natural Disaster Information for Students
Option 1: Information on Applying for and Receiving Student Aid
Choose Option 1 if you have questions about:
- How to apply for funding (loans, grants and Alberta scholarships).
- Eligibility issues for funding.
- Application status.
- You can login to your Alberta Student Aid account to see your application status, payment schedule and your inbox.
- Student aid for apprentices and pre-employment students.
If you are a current or recent student, login to your Alberta Student Aid account to update your address.
Option 2: Assistance with Login to Your Alberta Student Aid Account
|All students need to have a verified Alberta.ca Account to access the Alberta Student Aid system. Learn more at: Student Aid Verified Accounts|
Choose Option 2 if you need help with:
- Your user name and/or password for your Alberta Student Aid Account.
Option 3: Assistance with Login to MyLoan or Loan Repayment
Choose Option 3 if you need help with:
- Your username and/or password for your MyLoan online account.
- Your current loan balance.
- Updating your banking information.
- Accessing Repayment Assistance Programs if you are having difficulty repaying your loans.
- Updating your address if you are in repayment status.
- If you will be returning to school, you should also update your address in your Alberta Student Aid account:
Option 4: To be Used by School Officials Only
If you are a school official, choose:
- Option 1: General information about Alberta Student Aid eligibility, the application process or confirmation of registration.
- Option 2: Specific information about a student’s disbursement, repayment or interest free status.
Hours of Operation & Phone Number
|Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Alberta time (MST)
|Toll Free outside of North America
Dial the international access code + 800-2-529-9242
|Dial Toll Free in North America
|TTY for the Hearing Impaired
Alberta Student Aid
Courier Address (no public access)
Alberta Student Aid
When submitting a form, please follow the instructions given on the form.
Notice: Alberta Student Aid does not accept student loan and scholarship applications dropped off in person.
National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC)
Contact the National Student Loans Service Centre for questions related to Canada Student Loans:
Alberta Apprenticeship & Industry Training (AIT)
For information related to the Alberta Apprenticeship System and designated Trades/Occupations, please visit:
Privacy and Security
Always protect your personal information from identity fraud and theft.
Never reveal personal information such as your Social Insurance Number, student loan information and/or banking information to anyone you do not know.
For more information, see Privacy and Security.
Providing Parent/Guardian Access to Your Information
Your parent(s)/guardian or a designated individual may want to assist with aspects of your student aid/scholarships and awards. There are many pieces of legislation governing the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
To learn more, see Privacy and Security.