Full-Time Student Aid
- Applying for Student Aid
- MyAlberta Digital ID
- Application Deadline
- Application Details
- After Applying
- Confirmation of Registration (COR)
- Service Providers
- Student Aid Agreements/Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs)
- Application Changes
- Request for Reconsideration (RFR)
- Switching Educational Institutions
- Changes to End Dates
- Amended Registration
- Withdrawal Policy for Students Attending Alberta Private Career Colleges (licensed under the Private Vocational Training Act)
- After Registration is Amended (All Institutions)
- Emergency Requests
- Tax Forms
- Releasing Personal Information and Authorizing Others to Act on Your Behalf
- Submitting Forms
When an application has been processed, a Student Award Letter will be provided to the student. The Student Award Letter gives details about the student’s award and disbursement schedule.
Students can view their SAL by signing onto their account on studentaid.alberta.ca.
Reg.: Schedule 2, ss. 8(1)(d), 8(2), 13(1)(d), 14.1
If it is the first time that a married or common-law student applies online for student aid funding, the student will receive a Consent and Declaration form along with the SAL.
Funding is not issued until the Consent and Declaration form has been signed by the spouse/partner and returned to Alberta Student Aid. The student does not need to sign the Consent and Declaration form.
The Consent and Declaration form usually only needs to be signed once as the authorizations in the Consent and Declaration apply for all future applications made by the student, unless the consent is withdrawn by the spouse or partner.
A new Consent and Declaration form needs to be signed if the student has:
- changed their spouse/partner or
- had a break in studies of more than one year between applications.