Designation for Student Loans and Grants
- Introduction to Designation
- Canada and Alberta Acts and Regulations
- General Program Designation Requirements
- Accelerated Programs
- Pan-Canadian Designation Policy Framework
- Obtaining Designation Status
- Requirements for Alberta Educational Institutions and Programs
- Alberta Private Career Colleges (PCCs)
- Change of Ownership
- Accredited Indigenous Post-Secondary Institutions in Alberta
- Accredited Divinity Programs
- Requirements for Programs at Educational Institutions Outside of Alberta
- Additional Requirements for Programs Delivered Online
- Maintaining Designation Status
- Contact Information – Designation Process and Policy Inquiries
An Accelerated Program is a program leading to a recognized credential that is offered in half or less than half the time over which it may normally be offered, as measured by the number of program weeks.
A program must be designated by Advanced Education as an Accelerated Program. That is, an educational institution cannot self-declare its program as 'accelerated'. For any program to be designated as accelerated, the designation request must come from the educational institution.
Information regarding loan limits for Accelerated Programs is found in the Annual Loan Limits section.