This scholarship was created to recognize an Alberta student and to encourage and assist students with the pursuit of post-secondary studies at a broadcast institution in Canada.
One scholarship of $750
- be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/partner is an Alberta resident.
- be enrolled full-time in the current academic year, at any recognized post-secondary institution in Canada offering degree or diploma programs in broadcasting such as TV, radio and broadcast engineering.
How to Apply
- complete the application form,
- include a maximum 750 word essay outlining their interest and pursuit in the field of broadcasting, and
- attach an official post-secondary transcript if the student is in their second, or subsequent year of post-secondary education.
- Application - Tiessen Foundation Broadcast Scholarship
Apply for this scholarship between August 1 to October 31.
The scholarship will be issued in after Alberta Student Aid confirms full-time enrolment in post-secondary institution.
Recipient will be selected based on the application, essay and official post-secondary transcript.
Many other scholarships and awards are offered by other organizations – and we encourage you to visit Alberta’s public university and college websites to research the scholarships that they offer.
For more information, see Alberta post-secondary institutions.