Established in honour of Louise McKinney, the Louise McKinney Post-Secondary Scholarship recognizes and rewards students for their academic achievements and encourages them to continue in their undergraduate program of study.
Up to 10 scholarships of $2,500 each are available.
A nominee must:
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta,
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/partner is an Alberta resident.
- be continuing their full-time studies at a post-secondary institution located outside of Alberta, in the second or subsequent year of a full-time undergraduate or professional program:
- have attended full-time studies at a post-secondary institution located outside of Alberta in the previous academic year, and
- the program of study must not be offered in Alberta, and
- the student’s class standing is in the top two per cent of their program enrolment of the previous year of study.
- Students are not eligible for a Louise McKinney Scholarship if they are:
- in a graduate program,
- enrolled part-time,
- an apprentice, or
- currently upgrading.
Students studying outside of Alberta must submit:
- an academic transcript, and
- a letter from from the Registrar indicating their class standing in the two per cent of the program enrolment of their previous year of study, and
- a completed application form.
Your transcript must have an official signature or seal indicating that the transcript paper is issued by your school/institution. Photocopies and/or faxed copies will not be accepted. Post-secondary students must contact their school to request their official transcripts.
January 15, 2020
The application is currently not available. Check back in early August.