This scholarship was established by the family of Janet and Horace Allen through the Alberta Heritage Scholarship Fund Endowment program. The scholarship recognizes the academic excellence of a student from Crowsnest Consolidated High School for their accomplishments in the sciences.
One scholarship of $1,500
Applicants must be:
- a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/partner is an Alberta resident.
- graduating from Crowsnest Consolidated High School in the current academic year,
- enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program.
How to Apply
Students must submit completed application forms to Alberta Student Aid.
The application is currently not available. Check back in early August.
October 31, 2020
The scholarship will be issued after Alberta Student Aid confirms full-time enrolment at a post-secondary institution.
Recipient will be selected on the basis of academic excellence as calculated from the final standings received in two subjects as recorded on an official Alberta Transcript of High School Achievement. The subjects include:
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- Physics 30
- Science 30
In the event of a tie, the applicant with the highest average of Diploma Examination marks for the qualifying courses will be selected.