The Arts Graduate Scholarship encourages and recognizes Alberta students who have demonstrated outstanding abilities in the arts to pursue graduate studies in Alberta institutions and other institutions outside Alberta.
Up to seven scholarships of $15,000 each are available for master level or equivalent level of study in music, drama, dance and literacy/visual arts.
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/partner is an Alberta resident.
- be enrolled as a full-time student in the current academic year for both fall and winter terms in a graduate program at the master level or equivalent.
An individual may receive a lifetime maximum of two scholarships. Recipients may hold other scholarships and accept remunerative assignments depending on the policy of the institution they attend.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit:
- A completed and signed application form,
- Official transcript(s),
- A resumé that includes:
- all universities, colleges or technical institutes attended to date, including current institution,
- a list of scholarships, awards, and other forms of achievement received,
- any publications, if any, such as the name of the journal they were published in, and
- any performances/exhibitions (dates, location, etc.).
- References, including:
- the applicant’s name and award name,
- the applicant’s program of study,
- research (if applicable), and
Your transcript must have an official signature or seal indicating that the transcript paper is issued by your school/institution. Photocopies and/or faxed copies will not be accepted. Post-secondary students must contact their school to request their official transcripts.
January 15, 2020
The application is currently not available. Check back in early August.
Applications are evaluated by selection members consisting of professors of universities and colleges in Alberta. Applications are judged on previous academic accomplishments, programs of study, references and answers to essay questions.