The Alberta Federation of Agriculture established a scholarship endowment to recognize the academic achievement of students pursuing post-secondary studies in the field of agriculture and related programs.
One scholarship of $500 is available.
- be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/partner is an Alberta resident.
- be attending a designated post-secondary institution in Alberta, and
- have attended fall and winter terms in the previous academic year and be currently enrolled full-time in the second or subsequent year of undergraduate post-secondary study in a program related to the field of agriculture.
Note: Preference will be given to members, children or grandchildren of members of the Alberta Federation of Agriculture.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit to Alberta Student Aid:
- a completed application form, and
- an official post-secondary transcript.
Your transcript must have an official signature or seal indicating that the transcript paper is issued by your school/institution. Photocopies and/or faxed copies will not be accepted. Post-secondary students must contact their school to request their official transcripts.
The award will be issued after Alberta Student Aid confirms full-time enrolment in a a post-secondary institution.
Apply for this scholarship between August 1 to October 31.
The recipient will be selected on the basis of academic achievement in an agricultural program in the previous year of undergraduate post-secondary study.
Many other scholarships and awards are offered by other organizations – we encourage you to visit Alberta’s public university and college websites to research the scholarships that they offer.
For more information, see Alberta post-secondary institutions.