The Alberta Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship was established by the Alberta Wheat Board Monies Trust to encourage academic excellence of students currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in a discipline related to the field of agriculture.
Four awards of $1,500 each:
- two for students in a diploma program, and
- two for students in a degree program.
In the event no applications are received for the diploma program or the degree program in a given year:
- the four scholarships will be awarded to students in the program that received applications.
Applicants must be:
- a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible)
- an Alberta resident and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/partner is an Alberta resident.
- must have attended fall and winter terms in the previous academic year and be currently enrolled full-time in the second or subsequent year of undergraduate post-secondary study in a diploma or degree program at a publicly funded post-secondary institution in Alberta in a discipline related to agriculture.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit to Alberta Student Aid:
- a completed application form,
- an official post-secondary transcript, and
- a copy of your Green Certificate if you have completed the Green Certificate Program.
Your transcript must have an official signature or seal indicating that the transcript paper is issued by your school/institution. Photocopies and/or faxed copies will not be accepted. Post-secondary students must contact their school to request their official transcripts.
- Application is not available at this time.
Apply for this scholarship between August 1 to October 31.
The scholarship will be issued after Alberta Student Aid confirms the recipient’s full-time enrolment in a post-secondary institution.
The recipient will be selected on the basis of academic achievement and enrolment in a discipline related to agriculture in the previous year of undergraduate post-secondary study at an Alberta institution. Preference will be given to students who have completed the Green Certificate Program.
For more information, see Alberta post-secondary institutions.