Named in honour of Jo-Anne Koch, the first Principal of ABC (Westmount) Charter Public School in Calgary. As a parent of a gifted child, and a long-time educator in Alberta’s publicly-funded schools, Ms. Koch was a tireless advocate for the rights and needs of gifted learners.
One scholarship of $1,500
- be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:- one parent or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/partner is an Alberta resident.
- be enrolled full-time in the second or subsequent year of a Bachelor of Science program in Chemical Engineering, Nursing or Social Work at a post-secondary institution in Alberta.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit to Alberta Student Aid:
- a completed application form, and
- a copy of their official post-secondary transcript
The application is currently not available. Check back in early August.
October 31, 2020
Selection will be made on the basis of academic achievement.
To recognize the historic connection between the ABC (Calgary) Society and Westmount Charter School, one recipient will be selected from Westmount Charter School in Calgary. In the event there is no suitable candidate from Westmount Charter School, the award will be offered to qualified students from other Alberta high schools.