The Charles S. Noble Scholarship honours Sandy A. Mactaggart, the agricultural entrepreneur, innovator and farm implement manufacturer who became one of Alberta’s biggest and best grain farmer.
Sandy A. Mactaggart graduated from Harvard College and became a highly successful business entrepreneur. Since 1952, he has been actively involved in the development of properties as well as oil and gas venture capital. Mr. Mactaggart has established this endowment as a means of expressing his gratitude for an education which has broadened his ability to enjoy and contribute to life in Alberta.
This scholarship recognizes and rewards academic excellence and provides an opportunity for outstanding Alberta students to pursue undergraduate studies at Harvard College.
Three scholarships of $5,000 from Alberta Student Aid and up to $5,000 of financial aid from Harvard College.
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent or legal guardian who has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and must be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/partner is an Alberta resident.
- be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program at Harvard College.
How to Apply
Submit application to Harvard College.
Apply for this scholarship between August 1 to December 15.
Recipients are selected by the Office of Admissions at Harvard College and their recommendations are forwarded to Alberta Student Aid.
For more information, see Alberta Post-secondary institutions.