The Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic achievement of students pursuing graduate studies in Alberta. It was established to incent the best and the brightest students, including international students, to study in Alberta.
Minimum award of $11,000 and maximum of 15,000
You must be enrolled full-time in a master’s, doctoral, or graduate level program. Graduate level programs must be able to ladder into a master’s degree program.
To receive this award, you must also be enrolled in:
- At least 60% of a full course load (40% of a full course load if you are a student with a permanent disability) in at least one term of study in a graduate program, and
- the Fall 2019 and/or Winter 2020 term.
To be eligible, applicants must be living in Alberta while studying at an Alberta post-secondary institution.
Applicants must also meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada or Protected Person,
- be an international student, or
- be a Status Indian/First Nations, Non-Status Indian/First Nations, Métis or Inuit.
Schools will select recipients based on the minimum eligibility criteria for the Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship, and any additional eligibility criteria set by the school.
How to Apply
For more information on how to apply, contact the Student Awards or Scholarships Offices at your school, or visit your school's website.