The Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic achievement of students pursuing graduate studies in Alberta. It was established to incent the best and the brightest students, including international students, to study in Alberta.
Minimum award of $11,000 and maximum of 15,000
You must be enrolled full-time in a master’s, doctoral, or graduate level program. Graduate level programs must be able to ladder into a master’s degree program.
To receive this award, you must also be enrolled in:
- At least 60% of a full course load (40% of a full course load if you are a student with a disability) in at least one term of study in a graduate program, and
- the Fall 2022 and/or Winter 2023 term.
To be eligible, applicants must be living in Alberta while studying at an eligible Alberta post-secondary institution.
Applicants must also meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada or Protected Person,
- be an international student, or
- be a Status Indian/First Nations, Non-Status Indian/First Nations, Métis or Inuit.
Schools will select recipients based on the minimum eligibility criteria for the Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship, and any additional eligibility criteria set by the school.
How to Apply
For more information on how to apply, contact the Student Awards or Scholarships Offices at your school, or visit your school's website.
Many other scholarships and awards are offered by other organizations – and we encourage you to visit Alberta’s public university and college websites to research the scholarships that they offer.
For more information, see Alberta post-secondary institutions.