Student Aid Alberta Service Centre (SAASC)
SAASC can answer your questions about Student Aid Alberta programs. When you call, you will be asked to choose an option to direct your call. To ensure your call is handled correctly, review the topics covered by each option.
Option 1: Information on Applying for and Receiving Student Funding
Choose Option 1 to receive help with questions about:
- How to apply for funding (loans, grants and Student Aid Alberta scholarships).
- Eligibility issues for funding.
- Application status.
- You can also login to SFS to view your application status, disbursement status and to view and print previous correspondence:
- SFS: Login/Apply
- Funding for apprentices and pre-employment students.
If you are a current or recent student, update your mailing address through your SFS login and use the self-service option from your Welcome screen. You do not need to call SAASC.
Option 2: Assistance with SFS Login to Online Application Services
Choose Option 2 to receive help with:
• Updating your SFS username and password for accessing the online application.
Option 3: Assistance with Award Disbursement or Loan Repayment
Choose Option 3 to receive help with:
- Updating your MyLoan username and password for online management of your previous student loans.
- Your current loan balance.
- Updating your banking information.
- Accessing Repayment Assistance Programs if you are having difficulty repaying your loans.
- Updating your address if you are in repayment status.
- If you will be returning to school in the near future, you should also login to SFS and update your address using the self-service option from your Welcome screen:
- SFS: Login/Apply
Option 4: To be Used by School Officials Only
If you are a school official, choose between two sub-options:
- Option 1: General information about Student Aid Alberta eligibility, the application process or confirmation of registration.
- Option 2: Specific information about a student’s disbursement, repayment or interest free status.
You can also visit the financial aid office at your school. Financial aid advisors may be able to assist you with student aid questions.
|Hours of Operation & Phone Number|
Monday through Friday:
Dial Toll Free in North America:
Dial Toll Free outside of North America:
TTY for the Hearing Impaired:
Courier Address (no public access)
|Student Aid Alberta
Box 28000 Station Main
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4R4
Student Aid Alberta
When submitting a form, please follow the instructions given on the form.
National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC)
Contact NSLSC for questions related to Canada Student Loans:
Alberta Apprenticeship & Industry Training (AIT)
For information related to the Alberta Apprenticeship System and designated Trades/Occupations, please visit: