Getting Your Money

If this is your first time receiving student aid, there are steps you must complete before your funding can be sent to you.

You will receive:

    • Student Award Letter
    • Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs)

Log in to SFS to get your Student Award Letter and MSFAAs.

Complete Your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs)

MSFAAs are one-time legal agreements that cover the entire time you are a full-time student. You will receive MSFAAs the first time you apply, or if you have had previous funding and return to school after a break of 2 years or more.

There is one MSFAA for Alberta student loans/grants and a second MSFAA for Canada student loans/grants.

You will need to:

    • sign and date your MSFAAs
    • provide your banking information so we can deposit funds into your bank account

MSFAA Instructions and Samples

Return Your MSFAAs

There are two ways to return your MSFAAs:

1. In-Person at a Designated Canada Post Outlet

Take your completed MSFAAs to a designated Canada Post outlet. Canada Post will confirm your identity and then forward your MSFAAs to the Student Aid Alberta Service Centre and/or the National Student Loans Service Centre.

Remember to bring:

      • one piece of government-issued photo ID
      • proof of your social insurance number (SIN)

2. By Mail

If you cannot get to a designated Canada Post outlet, mail your forms, double-sided photocopies of your government-issued photo ID and proof of your SIN directly to the Student Aid Alberta Service Centre at:

Student Aid Alberta Service Centre
PO Box 4050 Mississauga STN A
Mississauga ON  L5A 4M9 

To allow time to process your agreements, your signed MSFAAs should be received by the Student Aid Alberta Service Centre at least two weeks before your current study period ends.

Once you have returned your MSFAAs and your school confirms you are registered as a full-time student, you can expect your funds to be deposited into your bank account on or after the first day of classes.