Getting Your Money
If this is your first time receiving student aid, there are steps you must complete before your funding can be sent to you.
You will receive:
- Student Award Letter
- Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs)
Log in to SFS to get your Student Award Letter and MSFAAs.
Complete Your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs)
MSFAAs are one-time legal agreements that cover the entire time you are a full-time student. You will receive MSFAAs the first time you apply, or if you have had previous funding and return to school after a break of 2 years or more.
There is one MSFAA for Alberta student loans/grants and a second MSFAA for Canada student loans/grants.
You will need to:
- sign and date your MSFAAs
- provide your banking information so we can deposit funds into your bank account
Return Your MSFAAs
Canada Post Service Disruption
In the event of a Canada Post service disruption, students must submit their MSFAAs and required student loan documents via one of the following options:
- Drop off your MSFAAs/loan documents at a Service Canada Office near you. (*Recommended Option)
- You can also courier your MSFAAs/loan documents to the Student Aid Alberta Service Center at your own expense.
For complete information on how to complete your MSFAAs and to obtain the courier address see:
Note: Student Aid Alberta does not accept student loan documents dropped off in person.
To allow time to process your agreements, your signed MSFAAs should be received by the Student Aid Alberta Service Centre at least two weeks before your current study period ends.
Once you have returned your MSFAAs and your school confirms you are registered as a full-time student, you can expect your funds to be deposited into your bank account on or after the first day of classes.