WorldSkills Legacy Scholarships & Awards
Sponsored by WorldSkills Calgary 2009 and managed through the Alberta Heritage Scholarship Fund.
- WorldSkills Provincial Champion Scholarship
$1,200 available for a top podium finish in the Provincial Skills Canada Competition
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible)
- Be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/parent is an Alberta resident.
- be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program a minimum of 1 semester or 1 term of technical training for apprentices, and
- have received a letter of endorsement from Skills Canada Alberta for a top podium finish in the Provincial Skills Canada Competition.
Applicants must submit to Alberta Student Aid:
- A completed application form, and
- A copy of the Skills Canada Alberta letter of endorsement.
Note: Scholarship must be claimed within two (2) years of receiving the letter of endorsement from Skills Canada Alberta.
WorldSkills Team Canada Alberta Award Only
There are an additional 9 awards of $7,000 each available bi-annually for training to compete in the World Competitions over a period of two years. Recipients of the WorldSkills Team Canada Alberta Award are selected by Skills Canada Alberta based on students participation on Team Canada at the bi-annual World competitions.
For more information on the WorldSkills Legacy Scholarships and Awards: