Taxation of Scholarships & Awards

You will receive a T4A from Alberta Student Aid if the scholarships, awards or fellowships you received are more than $500. The amount is printed in Box 105 of the T4A and must be declared on your tax return. 

To determine the status of your awards, see Line 13000 – Other Income of the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) General Income Tax and Benefit Guide or contact CRA for more information.

For more information on taxation of scholarships and awards, and completing your tax return, visit: