Student Aid Agreements

Before you can receive any student loans or grants, you need to complete a legal agreement between you and your loan provider.

There are separate agreements for Alberta and Canada. If you are approved for student aid from both Alberta and Canada, you will have to complete two agreements.

You must complete an agreement in the following situations:

  • The first time you apply and are approved for student aid,
  • If you have had previous student aid and return to school after a break of 2 years or more, or
  • You have had previous student aid from another province.

Once your application is approved, you will receive an email asking you to log in to your Student Aid account. Log in and follow the instructions to complete your agreements.

You cannot receive any student aid until your agreements are complete. 

Read the terms and conditions of your agreements carefully. They include details regarding:

  • How you will use the money
  • Your repayment obligations
  • How your monthly payments will be calculated

Once you have completed your Alberta Student Aid agreement, a copy will be available in your Student Aid inbox.

Your agreement must be received before your study period end date. To allow for processing time, complete your agreement at least two weeks before your school year ends. If your agreement is not complete before your end date, funding will be cancelled.