Getting Your Money

If this is your first time receiving student aid, there are steps you must complete before your funding can be sent to you.

You will receive:

    • Student Award Letter
    • Legal documents called the Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs)

Login to your account to view your Student Award Letter and print your personalized copies of your two agreements:

    1. Alberta MSFAA
    2. Canada MSFAA

Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs)

The Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements outline the terms and conditions of your loans. You must sign two agreements because one MSFAA is for your Alberta student loans/grants agreement with the provincial government and the other MSFAA is for your Canada student loans/grants agreement with the federal government.

MSFAAs are one-time legal agreements that cover the entire time you are a full-time student. You will receive MSFAA agreements in the following situations:

      • The first time you apply for full-time post-secondary funding,
      • If you have had previous funding and return to school after a break of 2 years or more, or
      • You have had previous funding from another province.

Receiving Your Funding

To receive your funding, you must submit your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements to Canada Post as soon as possible.

Completing your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements

It’s important that you understand and follow the Completing Your MSFAAs instructions to submit your MSFAA agreements:

To allow time to process your agreements, your signed MSFAA agreements should be received by the Alberta Student Aid Service Centre at least two weeks before your current study period ends.

Once you have returned your MSFAAs and your school confirms you are registered as a full-time student, you can expect your funds to be deposited into your bank account on or after the first day of classes.