Alberta Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship
The Alberta Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship was established by the Alberta Wheat Board Monies Trust to encourage academic excellence of students enrolled in a post-secondary program in a discipline related to the field of agriculture.
Two awards of $3,000 each, one for a student in a diploma program, one for a student in a degree program.
Applicants must be:
• a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
• an Alberta resident and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time
post-secondary student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
• enrolled full-time in the second or subsequent year of undergraduate post-secondary study in a diploma or
degree program at one of the following Alberta post-secondary institutions in a discipline related to agriculture:
- Lakeland College: Agribusiness, Animal Health Technology, Animal Science Technology, Crop Technology
- Lethbridge College: Animal Science, Plant and Soil Science
- NAIT: Animal Health Technology
- Olds College: Agriculture Management, Animal Health Technology, Equine Science, Production Horticulture, and
Bachelor of Applied Science - Production, Horticulture, Agribusiness
- University of Alberta: Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- University of Calgary: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Lethbridge: Agriculture, Biotechnology or Agricultural Studies in the Faculty of Arts and Science
The recipient will be selected on the basis of academic achievement and enrollment in the previous year of undergraduate post-secondary study. The recipient will be selected on the basis of enrollment at one of the post-secondary institutions listed above in the discipline related to agriculture.
- In the event of a tie for either award, the scholarship will be divided equally between the successful applicants.
- In the event there are no applications for either award, then two awards will be given to students in one program.
Applicants must submit to Student Aid Alberta:
• a completed application form, and
• an official post-secondary transcript.
Your transcript must have an official signature or seal indicating that the transcript paper is issued by your school/institution. Photocopies and/or faxed copies will not be accepted. Post-secondary students must contact their school to request their official transcripts.
The award will be issued after Student Aid Alberta confirms full-time enrolment.