China-Alberta Award for Excellence in Chinese
This scholarship is a collaborative scholarship program supported by the Education Office of the Consulate-General of The People’s Republic of China in Vancouver and Alberta Education. The award was created in 2013 from contributions by the Education Office in the Consulate General of The People’s Republic of China in Vancouver and the Government of Alberta to facilitate Chinese language and culture promotion in Alberta.
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
- have taken high school Chinese Language and Culture Program 10 and 20 and currently be enrolled or have completed level 30,
- have obtained an average of 80% in all courses,
- have obtained a minimum average of 90% in Chinese Language and Culture 10 and 20, and
- be currently enrolled in Grade 12.
The recipient will be selected by a committee designated by Alberta Education who will review each student’s marks, a two paragraph essay and a teacher and/or school recommendation.
You must supply and your transcript must have an official signature or seal indicating that the transcript paper is issued by your school/institution. Photocopies and/or faxed copies will not be accepted.
For more information on how to request high school transcripts from another province, visit: