Canadian Oil Sands Network for Research and Development (CONRAD) Scholarship
The Canadian Oil Sands Network for Research and Development Scholarship recognizes the accomplishments of students in their final year of study at the undergraduate and graduate level and who are involved in projects that show commercial potential and/or relevance.
Two scholarships of $5,000
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be attending a post-secondary institution in Alberta,
- be enrolled full-time in their final year of study in a diploma, undergraduate degree or graduate level program,
- be enrolled in a program of study relevant to oil sands technology development from mine or reservoir to tailings and remediation such as but not limited to Natural or Biological Sciences and Engineering, and
- achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grade point scale.
A selection committee comprised of representatives from former CONRAD member companies will review transcripts and applications and determine which students have developed and are working on technologies, innovations or processes with the highest probability of being commercially deployed within a reasonable timeframe. The committee will also determine and rank the likelihood of commercial viability of the projects under evaluation.
Complete the application form and include the following:
- an official academic transcript,
- a one page summary of the project and its commercial potential, and
- a letter of support from at least one supervising professor or instructor, and if applicable a supporting letter by a sponsoring company.
Post-secondary students must contact their school to request their official transcripts. Your transcript must have an official signature or seal indicating that the transcript paper is issued by your school/institution. Photocopies and/or faxed copies will not be accepted.