Notice: As of Dec. 1, 2015, Student Aid Alberta will no longer accept scholarship applications dropped off in person.
If you have questions, contact the Student Aid Alberta Service Centre:
Search alphabetically, by keyword, or by audience.
Alberta Award for the Study of Canadian Human Rights and Multiculturalism
In recognition of Alberta’s centennial and the contributions and experiences of our diverse population, the Minister of Alberta Community Development established the Alberta Award for the Study of Canadian Human Rights and Multiculturalism. This award is administered jointly by Alberta Justice and Solicitor General and Alberta Advanced Education.
To encourage graduate studies that will create value for Albertans by promoting informed thinking about Canadian human rights, cultural diversity, and multiculturalism. To support the pursuit of studies in Canadian human rights, cultural diversity, and multiculturalism, and building capacity to undertake human rights or multicultural work in Canada.
Masters Level - $10,000
Doctoral Level - $15,000
Applicant must be:
- a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time graduate student (Master’s or Doctoral level) at an Alberta public post-secondary institution,
- enrolled or plan to enroll in a program of study that supports the purpose of the scholarship, and
- planning to do research that is within a Canadian context and will ultimately benefit Albertans.
Note: The scholarship is not open to students pursuing post-graduate studies.
The selection committee will consider each applicant’s information as provided on the application form, the essay, and curriculum vitae.
The essay, however, is the most important component of the application and has the greatest impact on the committee’s decision.
Applicant must submit the following:
- a completed application form,
- an essay, and
- a curriculum vitae.
The essay is the most important component of the application and has the greatest impact on the committee’s decision. Please feel free to consult your academic advisor.
Mail the complete package to Student Aid Alberta no later than February 1, 2017