Northern Alberta Development Council (NADC) Bursaries Program
From $6,000 to $12,000
Applicants must be residents of Alberta and planning to enroll full-time in post-secondary programs. For each year of bursary funding, a student must live and work for one year in northern Alberta. Students have up to six months after graduation to find employment related to their fields of study.
Various bursaries are available:
- NADC Bursary - a return service bursary of $6,000 per year for a maximum of two years and is offered to students in the final two years of post-secondary studies. It is meant to encourage students to train for high demand jobs in northern Alberta including: education, social work, medical and health, engineering and technical fields.
- NADC Medical Student Bursary -a return service bursary of $12,000 per year for the full length of the medical program (maximum four years). It is an incentive to encourage Alberta medical students to practice in northern Alberta upon graduation.
- NADC Nurse Practitioner Bursary - a return service bursary of $9,000 per year for up to three years. It is an incentive to encourage nurse practitioners to practice in northern Alberta upon graduation.
- NADC Pharmacy Student Bursary - a return service bursary of $6,000 per year for the full length of the pharmacy program (maximum four years). It is an incentive to encourage Alberta pharmacy students to live and work in northern Alberta upon graduation.
A selection committee chooses recipients based on applicants:
- program of studies and the demand for career program in northern Alberta
- knowledge of northern Alberta
- academic record
- answers to essay questions, and
- financial need
The selection committee will also consider the general impression received from each application.
Application forms are available from Student Awards Offices and on the NADC website:
For more information, contact the Northern Alberta Development Council (NADC):