Graduate Student Scholarship
The Graduate Student Scholarship recognizes and rewards outstanding students entering their second year of a full-time masters program in Alberta.
1,000 awards at $3,000 each
Applicants must be:
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person of Canada,
- Be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
-- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
-- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time student, or
-- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
- Be attending one of the following eligible post-secondary schools in Alberta:
- Athabasca University
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Lethbridge
- Have completed one year of a masters program at one of the above institutions and be enrolled full-time in the second year of the same program.
Applicants entering into the 1st year of another program, or not proceeding directly into the 2nd year of study are NOT eligible. As well, applicants cannot receive this award if they previously received the Arts Graduate Scholarship for the same period of study.
Selection is based on all marks obtained in the first year of the student's masters program. Applicants must have been enrolled full-time in their first year and must be continuing full-time studies in the second year of the same program. Successful nominations are forwarded by the Faculty of Graduate Studies to Student Aid Alberta.
Applicants are nominated by the Faculty of Graduate Studies at one of the eligible schools listed above.
Post-Secondary schools to submit eligible enrolments by December 1.
Student Aid will send allocations by December 15.
Post-Secondary schools to submit recipients based on allocations by February 1.