Prairie Baseball Academy Scholarships
The Prairie Baseball Academy Scholarship rewards the athletic and academic excellence of baseball players and provides an incentive and means for these players to continue with their post-secondary education. Up to $40,000 in scholarships is available.
This scholarship is co-sponsored by the Alberta Heritage Scholarship Fund and the Prairie Baseball Academy.
$500 up to $2,000
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
- be a participant in the Prairie Baseball Academy,
- be enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution in Alberta,
- have achieved a grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in the previous semester of study, and
- be recommended by the Scholarship Committee of the Prairie Baseball Academy.
Application forms are available from the Prairie Baseball Academy and from Student Aid Alberta. Each nomination must include a current transcript and attachments outlining the nominee’s extracurricular activities and future goals.
The Committee will select recipients based on academic standing, community involvement and baseball achievements.
Applicant must be nominated and application must include:
- a current official transcript, and
- an attachment outlining the applicant’s extracurricular activities and future goals (essay).
Post-secondary students must contact their school to request their official transcripts. Your transcript must have an official signature or seal indicating that the transcript paper is issued by your school/institution. Photocopies and/or faxed copies will not be accepted.