Alberta Federation of Agriculture Scholarship
The Alberta Federation of Agriculture established a scholarship endowment to recognize the academic achievement of students pursuing post-secondary studies in the field of agriculture and related programs.
• be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
• be an Alberta resident and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time post-secondary student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
• be attending a designated post-secondary institution in Alberta, and
• be enrolled full-time in the second or subsequent year of undergraduate post-secondary study in a program related to the field of agriculture.
Note: Preference will be given to members, children or grandchildren of members of the Alberta Federation of Agriculture.
The recipient will be selected on the basis of academic achievement in an agricultural program in the previous year of undergraduate post-secondary study. A committee comprised of Alberta Federation of Agriculture members will make the selection.
Applicants must submit to Student Aid Alberta:
- a completed application form, and
- an official post-secondary transcript.
Your transcript must have an official signature or seal indicating that the transcript paper is issued by your school/institution. Photocopies and/or faxed copies will not be accepted. Post-secondary students must contact their school to request their official transcripts.
The award will be issued after Student Aid Alberta confirms full-time enrolment.