Charles S. Noble Scholarships for Study at Harvard
The Charles S. Noble Scholarship honours Sandy A. Mactaggart, the agricultural entrepreneur, innovator and farm implement manufacturer who became one of Alberta’s biggest and best grain farmer.
Sandy A. Mactaggart graduated from Harvard College and became a highly successful business entrepreneur. Since 1952, he has been actively involved in the development of properties as well as oil and gas venture capital. Mr. Mactaggart has established this endowment as a means of expressing his gratitude for an education which has broadened his ability to enjoy and contribute to life in Alberta. These scholarships recognize and reward academic excellence and provide an opportunity for outstanding Alberta students to pursue undergraduate studies at Harvard College.
Up to $10,000
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent or legal guardian who has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and must be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immeditely prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- was married to an Alberta resident immeditely prior to commencing post-secondary studies.
- intend to apply or be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program at Harvard College.
Recipients are selected by the Office of Admissions at Harvard College and their recommendations are forwarded to Student Aid Alberta