Arts Graduate Scholarship
The Arts Graduate Scholarship encourages and recognizes Alberta students who have demonstrated outstanding abilities in the arts to pursue graduate studies. This scholarship is funded by the Alberta Heritage Scholarship Fund.
Seven awards of $15,000 each
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
- be enrolled or planning to enroll full-time in a graduate program at the master level or equivalent.
An individual may receive a lifetime maximum of two scholarships.
Recipients may hold other awards and accept remunerative assignments depending on the policy of the institution they attend.
A selection committee appointed by university presidents in Alberta selects the recipients. Applicants are judged on previous academic accomplishments, programs of study, appraisers' evaluations, answers to essay questions and general impressions from application forms.
Applicants must submit:
- a completed and signed application form,
- official transcript(s),
- a resumé that includes:
- all universities, colleges or technical institutes attended to date, including current institution,
- a list of scholarships, awards, and other forms of achievement received,
- any publications, if any, such as the name of the journal they were published in, and
- any performances/exhibitions (dates, location, etc.).
- the applicant’s name and award name,
- the applicant’s program of study,
- research (if applicable), and
Your transcript must have an official signature or seal indicating that the transcript paper is issued by your school/institution. Photocopies and/or faxed copies will not be accepted. Post-secondary students must contact their school to request their official transcripts.