Adult High School Equivalency Scholarships
The Adult High School Equivalency Scholarship recognizes and rewards academic achievement in the attainment of high school equivalency and provides an incentive for mature students to continue their education at the post-secondary level.
Up to 200 awards of $500 each
A nominee must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
- have been out of high school for a minimum of three (3) years before starting a high school equivalency program,
- have been enrolled full-time in a high school equivalency program in Alberta of at least one year in length,
- have achieved an academic average, in their high school equivalency program, according to the following standards:
- if the school issues marks in percentages, then an academic average of 80% or greater
- if the school issues marks in GPA, then a GPA of 3.0 or greater (on a 4.0 GPA scale), and
- be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program after completing a high school equivalency program at an eligible post-secondary institution in Alberta.
Recipients are nominated by the Student Awards Office at the Alberta post-secondary institution where they completed their high school equivalency program.
Students will receive their awards after Student Aid Alberta confirms full-time enrollment in post-secondary studies.