Tiessen Foundation Broadcast Scholarship
This award was created to recognize an outstanding Alberta high school student and to encourage and assist students with the pursuit of post-secondary studies at a broadcast institution in Canada.
• be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
• be an Alberta resident and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time post-secondary student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
• graduate from an Alberta high school in the current academic year, and
• plan to enroll or be enrolled full-time at any recognized post-secondary institution in Canada that offers degree or diploma programs in broadcasting such as TV, radio and broadcast engineering.
Students must apply in the year they graduate from high school. Students may only apply once for this award.
A selection committee established by the Tiessen Foundation will select recipients. Applicants will be short-listed based on their Grade 12 academic average using the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship criteria. Copies of the top ten applications will be forwarded to the selection committee who will review the applications and select the recipient based
on the application, essay and letter of support.
• complete an application form,
• include a maximum 750 word essay outlining their interest and pursuit in the field of broadcasting, and
• attach a letter of support from a teacher.