Alberta Pre-Apprentice Scholarships
Funds are donated by industry and matched by the Alberta Access to the Future Fund.
For more information about the donors to the scholarship fund:
$1,000 (11 scholarships awarded annually)
- be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and Alberta residents
- have successfully completed recognized pre-apprentice programs (programs must include at least four weeks/120 hours of trades-related instruction not including work experience)
- submit completed grades or proof of successful completion by June 30
- be registered apprentices, and
- have demonstrated financial need
To be considered for a Pre-Apprentice Scholarship, an Employer Recommendation form must be completed and attached to the application or mailed in separately by the application deadline. Applicants must include one or two paragraphs describing themselves, including what they have learned in their pre-apprentice training, why they have chosen a career in the trades and how this scholarship will be of benefit.
A committee established by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board selects the scholarship recipients on the basis of their marks, employer recommendations, descriptions of themselves and, for select scholarships, financial need. Pre-Apprentice Scholarships are awarded on a competitive selection basis.