Lois Hole Humanities and Social Sciences Scholarship
Six scholarships of $5,000
Students must be enrolled in the second or subsequent years of full-time post-secondary studies in the Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Social Sciences, or Faculty of Arts at the following institutions:
- Athabasca University
- MacEwan University
- Mount Royal University
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Lethbridge
Nominees must also meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or a Protected Person at the start of their post-secondary studies. (VISA students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
- be continuing full-time in the Faculty of Humanities or the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Awarded on the basis of academic merit, demonstrated leadership and community service.
Recipients are selected by the Student Awards Office at participating educational institutions. For further information, students should contact the Student Awards Office at their schools.