Janet and Horace Allen Science Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the family of Janet and Horace Allen through the Alberta Heritage Scholarship Fund Endowment program. The scholarship recognizes the academic excellence of a student from Crowsnest Pass High School for their accomplishements in the sciences.
One award of $1,500
• be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
• be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
• be graduating from Crowsnest Pass High School in the current academic year,
• be enrolled or planning to enroll full-time in a post-secondary program.
Recipient will be selected on the basis of of academic excellence as calculated from the final standings received in two subjects as recorded on an Alberta Transcript of High School Achievement. The subjects include:
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- Physics 30
- Science 30
In the event of a tie, the applicant with the highest average of Diploma Examination marks for the qualifying courses will be selected.
Students must submit completed application forms to Student Aid Alberta.
Students will be notified of the status of their application in September and the awards are issued in November after Student Aid Alberta confirms full-time enrolment of the successful candidates.