Charles S. Noble Junior Football Scholarships
The Charles S. Noble Junior Football Scholarship honours the agricultural entrepreneur, innovator and farm implement manufacturer who became one of Alberta’s biggest and best grain farmers.
The Charles S. Noble Junior Football Scholarship rewards the athletic and academic excellence of junior football players at universities, colleges and technical institutes in Alberta.
This scholarship is co-sponsored by the Alberta Heritage Scholarship Fund and the three Alberta Junior Football Teams.
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
- be a playing member on an Alberta Junior Football team,
- be recommended by the Scholarship Committee of the Alberta Junior Football teams,
- be enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution in Alberta and maintaining an academic standing of at least 65% or a GPA of 2.0 on a GPA scale of 4.0:
- note: a student entering the first semester of post-secondary study does not have to meet this requirement.
Students are not eligible if they:
- are enrolled in Apprenticeship and Pre-Employment/Trades programs, or
- are enrolled in Academic Upgrading.
Nominations from each Junior Football Team in Alberta (Edmonton Wildcats, Edmonton Huskies, and the Calgary Colts) are forwarded to the Scholarship Committee. The Committee will select a maximum of ten nominees from each team in any given year and forward the recommendations to Student Aid Alberta for final approval.
The scholarship is disbursed in two installments of $500 each — early December and late March. The second disbursement is contingent upon the student continuing to meet the eligibility criteria.