Log in to view digital mail in your Student Aid/SFS Inbox:
Student Aid Alberta Digital Mail
Access your letters and e-documents from Student Aid through your personal account in the Student Finance System (SFS).
You can now easily manage your inbox and complete tasks related to your student aid all in one place:
- Access your mail in your inbox through various computers and mobile devices.
- Check your SFS inbox for:
- Copies of student loan agreements (MSFAAs),
- Confirmation of Registration (COR) Worksheets,
- Missing Information Letters,
- Spouse/Partner Consents, and
- View all letters/documents, including archived documents.
- Get automatic email notifications and reminders for actionable documents and new mail.
- Opt in to receive text message notifications for actionable items/new mail.
Additional features include:
- Automatic marked as read feature and email filters to look up select documents/mail.
- Secure identity verification for both email address/mobile devices.
Getting Access to Your Inbox
In order to view your secure, digital inbox located in SFS, you must have:
- Secure access to the Students Finance System, or
- An existing student funding application in the system.
If this is the first time you are applying for student aid, you must first have your identity verified in the SFS system before you can start viewing your Student Aid inbox. To learn more about how to set up a verified personal account, go to:
When you are ready to apply:
If you cannot access SFS or require a paper copy of the full-time application or Rutherford Scholarship application, contact:
The secure, digital inbox gives you paperless options to handle mail related to your student funding efficiently - with everything coming to one safe, convenient, secure location online.
Your Privacy and Security is Important!
Student Aid Alberta uses a range of security methods to protect your information. Whether you want to see more information about your student loans/grants, want to know how to get your money/award, or simply want a way to view your mail from Student Aid Alberta quickly and easily, your digital inbox gives you the option to do so online.
Keep Your Information Secure
It’s important that you take precautions to keep your personal information safe and secure:
- Always protect your personal information and never reveal information such as your user ID/password associated with your account in the Student Finance System (SFS).
- Do not share your username and password with staff members at your school. If you need help from your school to manage aspects of your student aid or scholastic awards, log in to your personal account on your own before sharing the computer screen with others.
For more information on how to protect your privacy and security, go to: